Policies & Contracts for our Washington DC Rentals
Your Washington DC rental payment is refundable up to 30 days prior to the check-in date minus a $200 Administration Fee and any transaction fees that have been incurred (generally 3% for credit card processing). Within 30 days prior to the check-in date, LUXbnb shall refund 50% of the value of the rental minus any transaction fees and Administration Fee ($200). No refunds shall be provided for cancellations within one week of the check-in date.
If there is a risk that you may need to cancel your trip we recommend that you purchase the optional Travel Insurance Policy to protect your deposit. The Travel Insurance Policy is a comprehensive travel policy that provides not only coverage for forfeited deposits, but also trip interruptions, medical and dental care, emergency evacuation, lost baggage, ID theft, rental car damage, roadside assistance and much more. Please see below for further details.
There is no refund for canceled trips or early departures due to circumstances beyond the control of LUXbnb. This includes, but is not limited to, weather, acts of nature, local events, illness or injury, power outages, death in the family or changes in Guests’ schedule. LUXbnb will attempt to accommodate changes in plans whenever possible. For example, LUXbnb will attempt to re-rent the property when feasible. If successful, LUXbnb will refund as much of Guest’s deposit that we are able to recoup through re-rental of the canceled stay minus the $200 Administration Fee.
Guest Insurance Policies
- Optional Travel Insurance: We offer the ability to purchase optional Travel Insurance Policy with every reservation. We want you to experience a smooth and carefree trip to Washington, DC. We know however, that unexpected events such as illness or injury, medical emergencies, delayed or canceled flights, acts of nature and severe weather do occur forcing our Guests to cancel or interrupt their stay. You can protect your deposit with LUXbnb and other unexpected expenses through the purchase of a Travel Insurance Policy right on our website. Can you afford to lose the non-refundable cost of your trip if something unexpected happened? The optional Travel Insurance Policy is a comprehensive travel policy that provides not only coverage for forfeited deposits, but also trip interruptions, medical and dental care, emergency evacuation, lost baggage, ID theft, rental car damage, roadside assistance and much more. For more information visit this website: www.vacationrentalinsurance.com. Coverage Questions? Call 866-298-6846. Benefits and services are described on a general basis. Certain terms and conditions may apply. For complete information on policy benefits, limits and exclusions, please contact CSA at 888-470-9123 or www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/docfor a sample Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy for this plan.
- Accidental Damage Insurance Policy: In lieu of a security deposit, all Washington DC rentals throughLUXbnb.com will require the purchase of an accidental damage insurance policy (ADIP) for $39.99. The ADIP is included in all reservations. With ADIP you will not be required to pay for accidental damage to the home or personal property of the homeowner contained within the premises up to an aggregate limit of $1500. Damages exceeding this limit will be the responsibility of the Guest. Guests’ credit cards are held on file for this purpose. Exclusions within the ADIP specifically limit the Guest’s coverage and do not release Guest from liability for damage due to the following:
- intentional, willful, reckless, or malicious acts of guest or others on the premises during the tenancy;
- damage by pets (pets are prohibited);
- theft from the premises of either the Owner’s property or property belonging to Guest;
- gross negligence of Guest or intentional misuse of furnishings, appliances, equipment or other amenities provided with the home;
- damage caused while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- damage to real property resulting from operation of any vehicle by Guest;
- damages related to smoking in the property. The coverage of the ADIP, as well as the conclusions contained herein, provided to Guest shall extend to all members of Guest’s party and guests thereof. In order to receive coverage under the ADIP, all damages must be reported to LUXbnb immediately.
- Moreover, Guest agrees to report promptly to LUXbnb any repairs which need to be made or any damage which has occurred to the premises or its contents. Unless Guest reports promptly after taking possession, any repairs required or damage which has occurred to the premises, Guest shall be deemed to have accepted the premises in the condition thereof at the time of possession. No rental reduction will be made if appliances or equipment malfunction, though repairs will be made as quickly as possible. Also, no refunds will be given due to power outages.
Guest Pet Policy
Some properties are dog/cat-friendly but can remain so only if pet owners adhere to the rules. Your pet should be acclimated to travel and feel comfortable being left alone for the periods of time you will be out of the property. Here is what we have learned ensures a positive experience for our property Owners, our Guests, their pets and our neighbors:
- We collect a $100 pet cleaning fee per 14 days.
- We may opt to also hold a damage deposit of $500.
- We consider pets 3 years of age or older and under 40 pounds.
- Please no chewers, droolers, barkers, biters or bully breeds.
- Pets should be crated when the owner is absent.
- Please plan to walk your dog rather than let it relieve itself in the garden, patio or lawn.
- Dogs should not be left in the yard unattended.
- Please keep your dog on a leash when outside the house.
- Please pick up after your pet.
- Please provide your own blanket or towel if your pet likes to sit on the furniture.
- Please do not allow dogs to bark or otherwise annoy neighbors.
- Please groom your dog, if it is a shedding-type, and make sure there is no dog hair on the furniture when you depart.
Click here to download our short-stay rental agreement.
Contact us with your property information and we will take it from there!